Bone broth is super simple to make. You can make it from the bones and skin that you save from cooking other chicken dishes (getting even more from, say, a whole chicken). We also have packages of chicken stock bones from when we piece out chicken into cuts. Finally, I store my bone broth in 2 cup portions that I freeze. Whenever I need broth, I just defrost a container.
- Put all ingredients in a 6-8 qt pot (or Instant Pot).
- Simmer for 6-8 hours on the stovetop. (If using an Instant Pot, pressure cook for 2 hour. Allow pressure to release naturally.)
- Taste. Add salt if needed.
- Strain stock in a fat separator. Let the broth settle, and the fat rise to the top.
- Pour stock out of the fat separator into a storage container.